SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...Gave my 02 vert a good cleaning over the weekend and took it for a blast. I did notice upon start up from cold after about 5 minutes the fan cut in but the temp guage showed cold. When the car is at operating temperature the fan cuts in every 5 minutes or so stays on for about 30 seconds then goes off even though the temp is half way and stays at half way. Is this normal!!!!! the 0il is clean and so is the water in the header tank is it because i have stage 1 ppc,d the car or is it normal......:eek:

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Mine comes on occasionally, just after overtaking at 60MPH+ and pretty regularly around town. Pull up at lights, wait 30 seconds, fan on. It always comes on for a minute when I park-up on our drive. It's only 10C outside.

Noticed it particularly at night on 'A' roads after accelerating as the headlights dim ever so slightly. This was in January when it was -1C outside. I was worried what would happen when the weather warmed-up, but it seems just the same on a sunny day at 16C.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that hunt...It seems like your car does exactly the same as mine so it must be normal....I suppose better too cold than too hot!!!!!:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts