SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 99 9-3 vert is failing its 2nd Ontario NO emisions with 764 verses the 435 limit. I have the GS V2 3" downpipe. It passed the first time (just).

Wondering if there is an easy way to get the NOX down enough for it to pass. I no longer have the original cat as its flexjoint broke, which is why I put the GS cat on.

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
Hello,

My 99 9-3 vert is failing its 2nd Ontario NO emisions with 764 verses the 435 limit. I have the GS V2 3" downpipe. It passed the first time (just).

Wondering if there is an easy way to get the NOX down enough for it to pass. I no longer have the original cat as its flexjoint broke, which is why I put the GS cat on.
You're going to have to talk with GS and find out if it's a three-way catalyst. I have no idea what "Metallic Race Catalyst to withstand the abuse of a high output engine" really means.

If it's not a three-way converter, you are probably out of luck.

Beyond that, if there's an EGR valve on these engines (I don't think so, but I don't know) that could stand inspection. Finally, anything that might caused overadvanced timing or lean operation (failing O2 sensor) can increase your NOx.

The turbo engine is comparatively low compression. My 10.5:1 (according to Saab) 2.3 passed DriveClean no problem. Stock converter (235,000 km) and no tuning, of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts