SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07" new genuine DIC failed within and hr use. i've been going through my spare cassettes like wild fire. A couple had a code or two and one was working good when i removed it from the doner car. The brand new cassette from eeuroparts, failed without warning, i've replaced the plugs. i seems to be a little extra hot under the hood but the car isn't running hot. what else can cause these cassettes to fail

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
07" new genuine DIC failed within and hr use. i've been going through my spare cassettes like wild fire. A couple had a code or two and one was working good when i removed it from the doner car. The brand new cassette from eeuroparts, failed without warning, i've replaced the plugs. i seems to be a little extra hot under the hood but the car isn't running hot. what else can cause these cassettes to fail
What kind of plugs are you running?

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
The DIC you got had an SEM code sticker on it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem fixed. one of the pins in the connector wasn't sitting plush. i had to unwrap the tape around the wires to see it. be careful not to pull the wires when removing the cassette. thx guys

QUOTE=andybisnut;6395848]What check engine codes are you getting? Maybe the codes aren’t coming from the DIC.[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts