SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way to get to door locking mechanism without wrecking the door panel as one of my rear doors has decided not to play at unlocking. ;oops: Have had a look through the different threads, but just wondered (hoped) someone might know if you can get access without destroying the trim panel as I imagine a replacement ain't cheap. Also the problems involved with getting a replacement trim to match up.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Don't think it will be a problem getting a door card from a breakers. They only came in beige or grey so colour match shouldn't be a problem either. You need to remove the upper trim around the glass, before taking the black plastic backing around the door pull lever off. Then remove the chrome door pull (undo the connecting rod) and remove the door handle (screws under blanking grommits), prise the door card away from the bottom of the door. Lift up and remove the door card. You might get away with the door being closed.......but i doubt it. :(

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you are a member of the AA or RAC, I would give them a bell - sometimes they have tricks up their sleeve (I cant imagine what though)

And im not sure if i have read this correctly, but if the siren batteries fail you get service theft alarm warning, AND apparantly not all the doors unlock - so maybe investigate this first! If its not this.....

This is what i would do - a replacement from a breakers as Kermit says will be available, so thats one worry out the way.

If you cant remove the door card (which i hope you manage to remove), get yourself a drill and one of those circular drill bits (they are like 3 inches wide etc) and drill a hole in the panel. If you can reach in great, if not chop away at the panel until you can get to the culprit!

Ive just looked in my haynes manual and location for door lock components is towards the rear of the door (below the exterior handle).

Good luck with this!:cheesy:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Or you could drive to your local Saab dealer and see if they have any ideas. They may have a trick to getting to it from the inside without damaging anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help.

Unlocked car today and it's decided to work so won't be using deadlocks until I can get time to get into it and see what the problem is. :D

·
Registered
809 Posts
How?

Hi,did you notice what did they do?
I have a friend with similar problems-3 doors deadlocked after water come into the car and motors in the doors are dead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts