SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a feeling this is a common problem with the 9000. the plastic lower body molding has faded. i have tried to brighten and blacken er' up with some Mothers Back To Black, which doesnt work. the only thing that works to make it black is tire shine, but that only lasts until the sun gets to it. any suggestions? maybe go to a junkyard and find black ones?

·
Registered
247 Posts
9000freak said:
i have a feeling this is a common problem with the 9000. the plastic lower body molding has faded. i have tried to brighten and blacken er' up with some Mothers Back To Black, which doesnt work. the only thing that works to make it black is tire shine, but that only lasts until the sun gets to it. any suggestions? maybe go to a junkyard and find black ones?

Used to have the same problem especially after washing. I used good ole Amoral and blackened them back up but you have to do it several times and after every wash........repaint is a good idea.

·
Registered
367 Posts
one thing i found that lasts quite a long time is the autoglym bumper stuff. its not massively cheap but lasts a while. you can slap it on after you wash the car - gets rid of polish marks too and its not coloured so no overspill shows up. its lasted pretty well so far, more of a wax type product than a dye but i was happy with it.

i was thinking of getting my front spoiler resprayed as it looked all scuffed but it turned out to be 10 years of old wax polish (no idea why). looks great now.
be careful though - once you do the strips you suddenly realise how grubby the door handles look....then the window surrounds.....then the sills.....then the mirrors.....:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts