SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around and couldn't find out what kind of factory stereo I have

99 9-5LPT 5 Speed.

is there a factory amp? any idea where it is? I checked under the passenger seat, nothin there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my 2002 9-5 sedan has it bolted to the top of the boot..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so for my understanding, all Saab 9-5's have a factory amp, and its in the passenger side footwell.

So anyone who is to install an aftermarket stereo needs to use RCA preouts for the speakers. correct?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
ok so for my understanding, all Saab 9-5's have a factory amp, and its in the passenger side footwell.

So anyone who is to install an aftermarket stereo needs to use RCA preouts for the speakers. correct?
True, but you can always use a Line-Out Conveter to tap in on the speaker lines and create your own RCA output then you can use any aftermarket AMP with the SAAB head unit.

If you're going to change the head unit you might want to consider changing the speakers because the impedance will not match the 4 or 8 ohm amps/head units and you will lose sound quality. If you want to keep the original set up you can add an amp to use with additionally installed speakers like a bass box in the trunk.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am keeping the factory amp, I am using rca's to tap into the factory amp with a harness. Someone has already installed a pioneer amp in the trunk running aftermarket 6X9's running from a hi input to the pioneer amp. Sounds very good and no issues there. gonna keep this setup, will go to a pair of subs later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts