SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm brand new to the forum. I just bought an '03 Linear with a bad transmission. It has the FA57201 transmissionin it. Doing a quick search, it seems that both the FA57201 and the FA57203 were offered with the B207L motor. The FA57203 is common and relatively inexpensive. The FA57201 is about $1000 and there are hardly any out there.

My question is, are what is the difference between the two, and are they interchangeable, i.e. what problems would I encounter if I tried to install an FA57203?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Give us more info.

Auto or manual? Don't recognize those #'s as Aisin Warner.
And what's wrong with the tranny.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an automatic. If you go to Car-part.com or search ebay, you'll see that starting '03, the B207L could have either the FA 57201 or the FA57203.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How to find out which transmission you car has

Sorry to bump an old thread but I need to know if these are interchangeable parts and how to find out which one is currently my car. Im starting get this funny feeling my 2003 linear's tranny is starting to give up the ghost. I've been getting error code p0743 - Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Electrical. randomly for about a year now. About once every 2-3 months. Usually a restart or disconnecting the battery will do the trick to fix it. But it worries me and I want to be prepared.

Found an FA57203 with 56000km on it with torque convertor for $800 with one year unlimited mileage warranty. There are no FA57201 in my area.

So if anyone could give me some info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
Jerry-

The FA57201 is the early version up to VIN# 31058309 and the 57203 is for everything after that. I dont know of any differences other than the TCMs. The question is...can the later trans and TCM be "married" to the earlier car?? There is no difference in the ECM between early and late. Has anyone tried this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts