SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I saw some really mean looking headlight eyelids on this site, and I'm wondering where I can get them.

Thanks fellas.
Ben

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes those are the ones I'm talking about, so you're saying they aren't eyelids, they're like decals?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hkayssi said:
That's what he told me.
Could you perhaps ask him what material I should use if I want to do the same to mine (except in black)?

If you could I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Sure, this was his reply
"Not bought. MADE. Its a chrome adhesive. some people use it for chroming the underside of their hood. I applied the adhesive being careful not to crease it. It looks like a broken mirror with creases when applied wrong. I thought about making a fiberglass mold and then chroming them but I didn't want the wind chatter. These are a lot more aggressive looking than are available to buy. The wind would have wreaked havoc on these if I had not glued them directly to the glass."

Here's the thread
http://www.93forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=184

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hkayssi said:
Sure, this was his reply
"Not bought. MADE. Its a chrome adhesive. some people use it for chroming the underside of their hood. I applied the adhesive being careful not to crease it. It looks like a broken mirror with creases when applied wrong. I thought about making a fiberglass mold and then chroming them but I didn't want the wind chatter. These are a lot more aggressive looking than are available to buy. The wind would have wreaked havoc on these if I had not glued them directly to the glass.

"
Hmmmm, do you know how I could get in contact with him, I have a few questions about where to get this type of material and I don't want to make you feel like a middle man.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
Hmmmm, do you know how I could get in contact with him, I have a few questions about where to get this type of material and I don't want to make you feel like a middle man.
I'm a moderator on that forum. I could check with him or you can contact him directly. I gave you the link to the forum.
He's an American stationed in Germany.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hkayssi said:
I'm a moderator on that forum. I could check with him or you can contact him directly. I gave you the link to the forum.
He's an American stationed in Germany.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Can I pm him on that forum with out being a member? or is his e-mail posted on the site?

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
Thanks, I appreciate it. Can I pm him on that forum with out being a member? or is his e-mail posted on the site?
I'm not sure as I'm a member :cheesy:
check your PM in a couple of minutes

·
Registered
106 Posts
hkayssi said:
Sure, this was his reply
"Not bought. MADE. Its a chrome adhesive. some people use it for chroming the underside of their hood. I applied the adhesive being careful not to crease it. It looks like a broken mirror with creases when applied wrong. I thought about making a fiberglass mold and then chroming them but I didn't want the wind chatter. These are a lot more aggressive looking than are available to buy. The wind would have wreaked havoc on these if I had not glued them directly to the glass."

Here's the thread
http://www.93forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=184

If I'm not mistaken that looks like the same Chrome Adhesive I just used on my door pillars, you can purchase this product at any local autoparts store.. autozone, advance auto or pep boys. It comes in a roll and it's a very thin film, and he's right about the creases, so you have to be careful when applying. You apply it like window tint with water and mild soap solution in a spray bottle, although I don't think that's necessary as I just stuck mines on and trimmed it. I've noticed it comes in two sizes a 3in strip and 8in x 14ft or something like that. It looks like he used the 8in judging from the size of the eyelids. Anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robb65 said:
If I'm not mistaken that looks like the same Chrome Adhesive I just used on my door pillars, you can purchase this product at any local autoparts store.. autozone, advance auto or pep boys. It comes in a roll and it's a very thin film, and he's right about the creases, so you have to be careful when applying. You apply it like window tint with water and mild soap solution in a spray bottle, although I don't think that's necessary as I just stuck mines on and trimmed it. I've noticed it comes in two sizes a 3in strip and 8in x 14ft or something like that. It looks like he used the 8in judging from the size of the eyelids. Anyway, good luck.

Hey rob, where did you get those rain guards from.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Christ, $100 for all around? Thats pretty steep.

I might be able to go with just the fronts, but 60 aint cheap for that kind of stuff either.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
9-3sleeper said:

I might be able to go with just the fronts, but 60 aint cheap for that kind of stuff either.
2 would look ugly. I agree $100 is better spent on something else.

·
Registered
106 Posts
9-3sleeper said:

hkayssi's right these are a weather tech product and they were 100 bucks (for freakin' plastic) You can try e-bay, but you know how that goes. And by the way they didn't come with the chrome strip either, thats' chrome door molding, got that from Autozone

1 - 19 of 19 Posts