SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am repairing random little things on my 1999 9-5 base wagon (like the infamous broken trim plate on the side of the front driver seat), and while working, I saw an unused plug under my driver seat. The plug itself is green, two wires going into it. One is blue and white, the other is either red or orange, and white. Anyone know what the unused plug is for ?
Thanks in advance,
Cap'n

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
Do you have memory seats? It's probably the plug for that if you don't have memory seats. I assume you have heated seats and the side airbag?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have memory seats? It's probably the plug for that if you don't have memory seats. I assume you have heated seats and the side airbag?
Thanks nocturne. I have heat and electric, no memory. Probably has a side airbag. If that is what the plug is, would my electric, memory, heated seats from my '01 9-3 fit? Although in the 9-3 it only has on/off for heat, not the 3 levels like in the 9-5. I like having the memory function, it is definitely nice, and would like to have it in the 9-5 as well.

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
Is the extra relay spot under the seat for cooling ?
Possibly, or as bob said, ejector seat, maybe afterburner activation?
I'm leaning towards memory seats since in '99 I don't think cooled seats were available (released in 2000).
As for swapping parts from your 9-3, I don't think it'll be that simple. If the car hasn't been programmed to even know the features are there, they won't work.
You'd need the button assembly for the memory, some way to get it to mount to the side panel of the seat, the plugs may not even be the same etc etc.

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
I would just remove the whole seat from the 9-3 and put it in the 9-5.
And hope that the plugs are all the right ones to connect into the 9-5? Unless you're going to re-wire the whole thing to make it work. Hey, anything is possible. So have at it!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The big grey under seat connectors look the same but I don’t think the pin out arrangement will be the same 9-3 vs. 9-5. Not insurmountable though. Suggest you look at the wiring diagram and add any that aren’t there.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The big grey under seat connectors look the same but I don’t think the pin out arrangement will be the same 9-3 vs. 9-5. Not insurmountable though. Suggest you look at the wiring diagram and add any that aren’t there.
I did just get a set of unpinning tools for auto plugs that work pretty well. ;) I’ll measure the seat mounting and see. My main question for the thread was what is the unused green plug for?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cooled seats were available in '99, but they don't use a separate plug. My source: 1999 9-5 parts car with vented seats. :)
Hmmm good info. I wonder what the extra plug is for then... I even looked around under there to make sure there wasn’t the opposite end it should be plugged into. The joys of used car purchases lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts