SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just wondering what is the best way to look after the external rubbers and plastics on the 900i's (is there a certain product I can use on them to make them look new again or close to it). I'm only 16 and my saab 900i is my first car, just wondering if anyone could also give me some helpful tips for looking after it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Might look into plasti-dip, lots of people do it with the whaletail.

Some even paint their entire car with it.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
If you just want to take care of the existing pieces like the door trims and the bumper, try some car detail products like Meguiar's or Mother's or Autoglym. There are plastic restoration fluids you can use to buff out those black pieces and bring out the colour and shine to them again (I used something called Back to Black, which was an alright product, but it sounded like some people did not like it; it may take several applications). If your bumpers are the rubber types (ie. pre-facelift), you might even be able to try tire shine on them, though I haven't tried this before.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about cosmetic upkeep, but there are some people here who are. This is just from my own experience.

li Arc

·
Registered
63 Posts
mcguiars

Hi Welcome to the interesting world and addication of saab ownership. I suggest mcguiars plastic restorer. It may take several applcations on faded plastic but will bring back the original look. It doesn't make it all greasy and shiny like some products. I try to regulary wash mine about every 2 weeks and a good wax polish about twice a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts