SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some exterior mirror trouble.

On my 1990 900 S, in the wintertime, the pass side mirror glass fell out. It had been glued to the heat pad backing with glue-gun stuff. I put some proper auto-glue and it's been stuck for three years not bad :)

Same thing on the driver's side of my 1990 900 t. Except no traces of crap glue, so it must have been a virgin previously :lol:

On my 1989 900t, the driver's side mirror broke and is hanging off by the cord. :roll:

Anyway, all three of these cars have the heated side mirrors.

I have two good unheated mirrors in a box somewhere, plus two good unheated mirrors on my 1987 SPG. I want to put them on the '89 at least. But how do I remove these? And also, are they compatible or do I need to splice the wires for the power adjustment?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
To remove mirror from car:

Remove door panel. Look at plastic triangle just below forward corner of door glass: push in the center pin in its plastic rivet, pull triangle towards inside of car and remove. You can now see the 2 screws holding the mirror. Undo these, pull mirror away from car, pull apart the connectors for the power adjust and pull wires off heating element terminals.

I'm pretty sure all years you mention have the same wiring/connectors for the power adjust.

·
4,637 Posts
And, if you need to replace the glass only, there's a white retaining ring that you lever sideways with a screwdriver. This is accessed through a 'drain' hole in the underside of the mirror case with the glass tilted upwards. No need to dismount the mirror for this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts