SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember the proper name for it right now but the black brace like thing that holds the windshield for the convertible is getting a bit milky. Probably because its old. Any ideas on how to get it looking new again without replacing it?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
'Back to Black' is a product that a lot of members swear by, I use 'Restore Black' and get good results, though it needs to be reapplied once a year.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I got the Restore Black at Autozone, I didn't see the Back to Black there though, PM CleveSaab, he swears by the B2B if you want that stuff, he probably knows what stores have it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Are you talking about the black METAL front windshield frame? If so - I know what you mean - mine is turning gray.

Those products everyone listed are for plastic or rubber - if you try them on the black metal you'll just have a greasy mess! I heard from someone somewhere to use black shoe polish on it??? Haven't tried yet!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I use back to black and swear by it myself. It is a Mothers product and can be had at walmart and usually auto stores. I have used it on several cars including some where the trim was horrible. It has always worked for me. Depending upon the severity, you may need several treatments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts