SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

First posting to this area as up to now I've only run classic 900's.

I am presently looking to buy a new 9-3 1.8t Vector convertable :D and I was wondering what opinions and experiences forum members have had with them - good or bad.

Thanks in advance

Julian

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Julian, Ive had a 2.0t Vector for 18months and 27K, and i love it so much so i worry the missus.
The 1.8t is basically the same as the 2.0t but detuned from 175 to 150bhp, which you may find isnt enough to hauk the weight arounf of the ;vert. But that can be easily sorted for £500ish with a PPC (check the mods forum) which is a plug in electonic device which will up the power to 204bhp which is Aero territory.
My honest advise would be to consider a pre-reg'd Aero (theres plenty about for the same cash as a new 1.8t) and you get the power, the bodykit, better brakes, etc etc.
But anyway i'm of for a topless blast round the country roads of Leicestershire this sunny morning.. bye:cool:.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi,

I have had an Aero convertible now for almost 6 months.. love every second of it! and use the roof down as much as the weather allows (but i am in Australia.. so that probably says a bit :D)

There were a few querky problems for the first couple of days, such as the roof refusing to work, but after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, all was good (i assume it was still fairly dead from shipping etc.) the car has been perfect ever since!

Also think about getting the windshield, it is expensive but makes a HUGE difference on freeways etc.. it is a bit of a pain to store it in the boot (it takes up a fair bit of room in there), but i only usually have 2 ppl in the car, so mine is almost permanently in (it folds down to stop any view restriction out the back when the roof is up)

Definantly get an "as new" Aero if you can, The 2.0t is nice, but the 2.0T is something else.. especially coupled with the nice sports suspension..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts