SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

trying to understand the heater hoses and where they start? I’ve seen pictures where
Both hoses connect to the bottom of the expansion tank? How and if so couldn’t I just cap off that bottom of the tank instead of bypassing the heater core with a hose to hose connection?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2003 9-3 Arc Cabrio

Hi

trying to understand the heater hoses and where they start? I’ve seen pictures where
Both hoses connect to the bottom of the expansion tank? How and if so couldn’t I just cap off that bottom of the tank instead of bypassing the heater core with a hose to hose connection?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi

Yes you could do that. Why do you want to bypass the heater core though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it leaking coolant on the floor and swishy sounds about .. Plus I don’t need a heater

what could I cap it off with? has to be 20psi I think

·
Registered
514 Posts
Since you need the special connectors that are in the the heater hoses, I would cut those and splice together with a pipe inside and hose clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts