SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Please help me on this. So my existing (working) key on my 2006 9-3 aero was intermittently not being recognized by the car, I cleaned the ISM contacts and went out and bought 2 more used ism's plus a new ism circuit board trying to isolate the issue to no avail. I took the key circuit board out of the fob and it seems to recognize fine in the ignition switch while outside the plastic fob. So i wrapped the circuit board in cardboard and tape to not torque on the circuit board as much when cycling the ignition switch and it works to start the car 95% of the time. I went to a local saab dealership to get some spares programmed, explained the ghetto cardboard wrapped key etc. They went to program it and came back 30min later saying the car thinks the existing (working) key is added to another car. The tech didn't understand how i've been able to even start the car, they tried 12x to program etc. so they recommend a new CIM and charged me $80 for the time. I don't want to jump to a CIM yet considering my key is still starting the car and my reluctance to believe they knew what they were doing, but winter is coming and I need reliable transportation.

Has anyone had this issue? Another place quoted me $60, should I try to have them do it? Should I buy a tech 2 clone and do it myself? Should I burn and bury the car for insurance money?
I'm looking at the most cost effective option, I live in Minnesota, the car has body damage/paint damage/rust etc, not looking to put a whole lot more into it at this point.

Thanks in advance,
Nate

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
there is no such a thing like (the car think the key is added to another car) u actually cant add the key to any car once its programmed to the first car.
u will need a tech2 and some keys and a laptop to do it, or let someone who have these to do it for u

1 - 2 of 2 Posts