SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have right now a bsr stage 3 2006 saab 93 2.0t dynode at about 289hp and have a full downpipe with a 3' Dc Motorsport exhust on it , what is the best exhuast option for my car i saw a srt the other day with what happend to be a full downpipe just piped exhuast and had the turbo pop to it but i have never herd mine pop or sound as nice as i think its the exhuast , need help to make the car sound at its best since performace wise it is at its li,it peek with power without having to build the motors bottom end and ect

·
Registered
799 Posts
You are never going to get a deep note out of a 2.0T Saab. The small displacement 4cyl is a "whiny" motor by nature.

Your likely thinking of Subaru or something that has a completely different engine type. "Honda" is roughly what you are stuck with since they operate with small <2 liter displacement engines as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do srts sound so nice if there the same 2.0 or 2.4 , should I have a turbo back etxhuast on it or are saabs known not to have the little turbo poops after shifting gears ? Should I have it downpiped or with a catback?

·
Registered
799 Posts
They have nearly a half liter more displacement than we do. Size matters unfortunately.

This isn't the only area in life that it will be case either! :lol:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Are you talking about the unburnt gas exploding in the exhaust? That is caused from running rich and NOT a good thing.

When I ran my Camaro years ago I was running so rich one night I was shooting 3 foot flames out my exhaust. My plugs didn't like that too much.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Being at 289whp you cannot step back to a stock downpipe as that is the real restriction. Your EGTs will be WAY too high and you will likely ruin something in short order.

As for muffler preference, that is subjective. I personally don't think much sounds better than a 4.6L Mustang Cobra. I am having a hard time deciding on what exhaust to put on my car because I HATE the sound of a 4cylinder.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it to carmax and got them to take off the stock muffler/cat box and got them to straightdown pipe it so its not a stock tube , its a 3" downpipe to a 3" dc sport muffler that I absolute hate , I have no idea what exhuast to put on .if I didnt invest so much into it and didnt absolute love my saab id sell it for a 6

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
The consensus here seems to be the stock dual V6 mufflers setup give the best the best sound on an I4. You can go resonator delete if you want a bit more noise. I have a set of V6 mufflers to install on my 2009 2.0t. It is the model with the hidden tip so I have to install a new rear diffuser and RHS muffler hanger and heat shield.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont wamt it to sound like an srt I herd one the other day and herd the exhuast pop cuz of the turbo I thought it sounded really mean and nice,im just tryna get a louder tone and a nice pop when I drive

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you're looking for something that crackles, snarls, pops, and is nice and bassy, I'd check out the Krona system put out by BCB. I have it on mine and it's furious. Video here:

Of course, like swedespeed7 said, V6 duals are magical.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Checked out the exhuast that thing sounds super dope ! Would u recomend changing the downpipe from the motor to the exhuast? And putting a cat if 530$ is way atta range from budjet ? And putting a turbo back exhuast on it or ?? Anyideas

·
Registered
76 Posts
As everyone around here always says, you should prioritize the downpipe, since it stops the flow of gasses out and will add a bit more sound to your setup. I always figured if I was going to do part of it, I'd do all of it, so mine's a turbo-back system.

The Krona system is kind of expensive; if you want a downpipe that's a bit more affordable, you could go with the Genuine Saab (catted or catless) or OBX (it's catless, btw) pipes. You should be able to mate the Krona to either of those as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it a exhuast systom or u boight the obx and seprete u bought the dual v6 muffler? Could I get the browser links , is it any obx fits or do u have to get the one for your year cuz I cant find it for my 06

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry if i'm misunderstanding you or if this was already stated, but that "turbo pop" you are referring to is actually due to extremely low back pressure. to get something like that u wanna go with a wide diameter full exhaust system.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Is it a exhuast systom or u boight the obx and seprete u bought the dual v6 muffler? Could I get the browser links , is it any obx fits or do u have to get the one for your year cuz I cant find it for my 06
Wait, what? Cant understand what you want to say seriously...:eek:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts