SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching and I am sure I probably missed something, but...

I am in desperate need of shared insight as far as cat back systems to replace my current exhaust. My current muffler is going through the Saab molting phase (where the outter shell is peeling/has peeled off) and the muffler is sort of "floating" as the bracket rods have suddenly rotted off. What makes this situation all the more imperative is the fact that my inspection date has come and gone and I can't get this taken care of until I correct this problem.

From what I have been reading and watching/listening on youtube links is that the two primary current options are CTI and GenuineSaab systems.

I have a 2001 9.5 SE (3L V6...I know, I know...sadly performance options are somewhat limited...but alas...a great Saab nonetheless, and we do what we can with what we got...).

I would GREATLY appreciate hearing thoughts and insights as to which company's system you prefer/ would recommend and why.

Thank you VERY much!!

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Since its the V6 and you did not say anything about wanting performance, why not get an aftermaret replacement from europarts or elsewhere? It will be much cheaper

G

·
in case you, or anyone else, is curious, the simons cat back sports exhaust from genuinesaab is back in stock. it had been back-ordered for several months. i ordered one b/c it seems many people here use that (it hasn't been installed yet so i can't give you a review), but i also hear terrific things about CTI.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Genuine could not deliver my exhaust and CTI could. I ordered it expecting to see it ship ASAP since my factory exhaust had 4 leaks in it. Only after I ordered it was I informed that it was actually out of stock. The site made no mention of this so I was quite pissed and cancelled my order.

Not completely GenuineSaab's fault but I would have loved to know that this is an out of stock item before I placed my order.

Wille at CTI did a hell of a job with my system and I am very happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts