SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has deleted the middle muffler on there cars and left the rear muffler intact. Can you post a video so I can hear what it sounds like. I was thinking of deleting the middle muffler but didn't want to if the car will sound like crap. Thanks

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I did it. There is no appreciable difference and its not a worthwhile use of time on its own. I proceeded to remove the rear muffler as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just performed the rear muffler delete after noticing an exhaust leak at it's union. It's definitely louder but I think it sounds fairly good.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Deleting the center won't do much, I would remove the rear. I did that befor building my 3" high flow system and loved it till I got the tuned system on. It sounds very throaty and deep but a little obn. sounding at the same time WOT will make your hair stand up and the people on the side of the road jump in the bushes if your close to them!:cheesy:

Removing the rear muff is quit easy so give a listn, if you don't like it just re-install it. Good luck and take off the rear!

JT

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just deleted my resonator as it was rattling on the inside, and with just a flowmaster 40 muffler on the back the exhaust is load as hell. I almost don't know if I'm gonna keep it like it is.

·
Registered
232 Posts
At WOT high rpm's you can really hear the pressure... the exhaust gases being forced through the system. I like it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2.5" mated to the stock exhaust pipe. The sawzall I used had slipped and cut the pipe diagonally so the bottom has a small hole that I covered with muffler tape. It sounds great personnally especially at 3000 revs. I love it. :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Awesome, yeah - I had 2.5" on my first Saab, a '96 900SE a few years back. This time around I went just a little louder haha. Looking forward to a 3" dp and Saabsport 2.5" catback, but that won't be for a while. Just had a Viggen clutch, transmission axle seals, and a coolant flush done. Ouch, three days before Christmas - No mods for a while!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea same here, I just put my BOV on and I found out the spring is to hard cuz I get flutering. So i gotta order the spring kit on monday. :) Then I need to find a boost leak. Its weird cuz the boost shoots to 12 psi then settles to 9 in the first gear after I punch it, and after that it will hold 12 but then slowly drop down again. Im not sure if its the bleed off on the mbc or leak. Its also an auto tranny if that makes a difference. lol

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm curious if that spring kit will help with my Forge bov. It holds boost fine, goes into the red with the mbc, but at partial-throttle, it does that 'hooting' sound similar to when the diaphragm on the stock bpv is wearing out. Maybe a yellow spring with or without a spacer would do the trick. Might have to give it a try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts