SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I looked under the car was in December. I doubt that very much damage has been done since then, but I can't be too sure, considering all of the snow (i.e. salt) that we've had in the north east.

My rear muffler is badly corroded, mostly on the top. As far as I can remember, the flex pipe is fine. I know that the catalytic converter is in pretty good shape too, still shiny even. I think it was replaced by the dealership before I bought my car.

Im wondering if there is any real reason for to to put a new exhaust on from the cat-back. The noise isn't that bad. (if it gets bad, I'm definitely going to replace it.)

Does an exhaust leak affect the T-7, or anything to that effect?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
My main concern would be CELs indicating a bad cat or the need to have the car inspected to get your stickers. If neither applies, I would get as much mileage out of the existing system as possible. But, on the other hand, I would want the system to break apart on the highway. Maybe coside carrying a few rubber straps for those emergencies... Ron

·
Registered
282 Posts
If it's only the rear muffler that's corroded, there's no reason to replace the mid-muffler (resonator). At least not until that, too, corrodes.

The rear muffler should only be one clamp and a couple of hangers.

I, too, am waiting until warmer weather and no salt and snow to replace portions of my exhaust. Hopefully it lasts with my hillbilly patches on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts