SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could we get the V6 9-3's to sound like the 350z/G35/FX?
I have a 04 93 linear currently, but my next car would be a v6 93. then vtune that :cool:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Could we get the V6 9-3's to sound like the 350z/G35/FX?
I have a 04 93 linear currently, but my next car would be a v6 93. then vtune that :cool:
Why would you want that? IMO the SAAB V6 sounds better than the infinity's. I'm actually quite sick of that sound. I'm pretty sure the exhaust note from those cars are just trick baffles. I know numerous people who've modified the muffler/exhaust and they sound just dreadful.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
To get that raspy high compression NA sound you would have to take away the turbo and swap pistons. The turbine wheel breaks up most of the exhaust sound. This is why you can get away with a straight pipe on a turbo and can't get close on a NA car. The turbo is a very effective muffler for the combustion sounds both inlet and exhaust. Just have to learn to love the turbo whistle. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh i love the turbo whistle. currently have a bsr intake and the 1st week i drove from home to work and back w/ the radio off so i could listen to it :) but i do love that 350z growl too. ty for the info all. makes sense.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
When you get the v6, remove the mufflers and call it a day.
Much better sound then a Z, even though I do admit that they do sound very good from the factory.
I find it hilarious that every time they go aftermarket for exhaust it sounds like crap, same with e46 M3's

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think the nismo exhaust is the only aftermarket exhaust that makes the Z sound better. Everything else is just blah

·
Registered
879 Posts
Rip everything off, replace first cat with a high flow cat, throw mufflers of your choice on the end and it should sound beautiful. No resonator, no second cat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts