SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full turbo back exhaust with a OBX Downpipe and a custom dual exhaust from the back. When I place my car into reverse the exhaust rattles like crazy by the downpipe. Is there any thing I can do to fix this? Should I get a larger flex pipe, new motor mounts, or go to an exhaust shop to see if they can do any thing. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have a full turbo back exhaust with a OBX Downpipe and a custom dual exhaust from the back. When I place my car into reverse the exhaust rattles like crazy by the downpipe. Is there any thing I can do to fix this? Should I get a larger flex pipe, new motor mounts, or go to an exhaust shop to see if they can do any thing. Any help would be great.
I'm currently dealing with a similar issue after an exhaust shop adjusted the rear half of my Krona turbo-back exhaust. It rattled like crazy the first day, especially when the engine was cold, but has slowly decreased to only a slight chatter that I can occasionally feel through the clutch and gas pedal when backing up.

Can you see what part is specifically vibrating and causing the noise?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the heat shields in the rear
That's what making mine rattle..... Corroded support bolts. Now held on by large spring clips for paper. Have yet to figure out how to support heat shield permanently without buying new one.

Had a rattle near front aft of flex pipe.... turns out the fitter didn't get the right bend and the pipe mount rattled against underbelly heat shield. I just added another "rubber band" on opposite side until I got it back to the garage for fixing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.