SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it normally run for a full exhaust system on a 89 saab spg? The saab dealer here in town said "a couple grand easy". I would be needing everything after the down pipe. Any places online to order it cheaper?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just put an exhaust from the cat/resonator (whatever that unit is after the downpipe) and it only cost me 120 bucks for the parts from Carquest. I hate exhaust systems and I did it myself in less than an hour- and that was with fighting with the rusty bolts on the flange. I replaced the pipe from the cat to the muffler (new) to a new tailpipe.

I can't imagine the cat/resonator unit is more than a couple of hundred bucks.

seems to me the whole job could be done under 500 bucks comfortably.

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you are looking for a stock system, then www.eeuroparts.com is a good place to go. It will probably be a few hundred bucks from there. If you're looking for performance then I would suggest looking at GenuineSaab.com because they are the importers of the JT 3 Inch exhaust from sweden but this does take a long time to get here.

·
Banned
637 Posts
OEM system is actually quite Fairly priced (cheap even) from a decent source, obviously not your Dealer.
Failing that ANY decent Race prep shop can fabricate you a Stainless Exhaust From the turbo back to the bumper for a lot less than the ridiculous priced and actually only average quality JT bits... plus no interminable 'wait'

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
And add a couple of OEM pipe clamps to your order from eeuroparts; these clamps are much better than the cheapo "U" type you get at parts stores, and have a captive bolt so you can tighten the nut with one hand :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts