SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my exhaust has a leak and cannot take a sticker. The mechanic that looked at it said get an 18" muffler and he'll weld it together and get a sticker for it. Having called around a few places I found out that there are mufflers on the 1999 Saab 9 3. Great. So, I talked to my ex (who is also a mechanic) and he said that if he were doing the work he would just run straight pipe from the cat and put a muffler on the end (as I am a 30 year old soccer mom of 3 - no aftermarket exhaust for me! LOL). Now, when I went to buy the muffler and exhaust clamps they wanted to know the exhaust pipe size. I DON'T KNOW! I can't get the car to the mechanic to have him size it but I ask you guys - on a factory 1999 Saab 9 3, what is the general exhaust pipe size? I have seen people say 2.5", 60mm, 2.35", 2.25"....ARG!

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Ali, I just replaced my whole exhaust system and I have the old stock one. I'm not sure where your leak is exactly but it comes in 3 sections: Downpipe, Flexpipe, resonator section and rear muffler. I have a small rust hole in the resonator section, but everything else is fine with zero leaks. Depending on what you want or need you are welcome to have it super cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My leak is in the resonator section. My ex said to just do a straight pipe from the cat back and then a muffler. He said the resonator isn't really necessary... But thanks anyway, Jake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts