SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

My mechanic tells me I need to things for my 2000 9-5 in order to have it certified:

1) Flex pipe (no problem)

2) Rear resonator - I do not know what part he is referring to. He tells me this part is a smaller muffler which is attached to the main muffler and the cost for the part is like $340 which I think is BS! I have tried searching for this part online and I cannot see a matching part anywhere.

Can someone please help me identify a part number and maybe a good aftermarket exhaust supplier in Canada or USA?

Thanks!!!

Froze

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
You did not specify 2.3l 4 or 3.0l 6. Different engine, different exhaust.

He's correct about the description, but wrong on the price. Aftermarket replacement will be half that cost.

Check the normal suspects for cheaper parts -- thesaabsite.com, eeuroparts.com, stateofnine.com.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You did not specify 2.3l 4 or 3.0l 6. Different engine, different exhaust.

He's correct about the description, but wrong on the price. Aftermarket replacement will be half that cost.

Check the normal suspects for cheaper parts -- thesaabsite.com, eeuroparts.com, stateofnine.com.

Good luck.
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it!

It's the 2.3l turbo sedan that I have. Any chance you could send me a link to that specific part? I'm still having trouble finding it.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it!

It's the 2.3l turbo sedan that I have. Any chance you could send me a link to that specific part? I'm still having trouble finding it.

Thanks!!
I find it very hard to believe that you can't go to the site, click on "9-5", then "Exhaust Parts" and see it in the very first group of parts :roll:, but here goes:

http://thesaabsite.com/95/95exhaustparts.htm

Two options, look at your VIN and decide which fits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts