SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I am a newbie, and have a Saab 93s 2.0i and there seems to be a bit of a loud noise which I think is coming from the exhaust.
I have looked under the car and can see exhaust fumes leaking from the part that looks as though it is a 'woven tube' on the centre part of the exhaust below the drivers seat part of the car.
Is this the CAT or another section? Is it common and how much do you think it would cost to get fixed?
Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
131 Posts
I changed the exact same piece on my car last week, dead easy just buy two new clamps as well as the pipe as you may have to cut the old ones off if rusted on, took 10 mins with the car jacked up on one side.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
What is the year of the car and its miles ??:cheesy:

It is nice to know how long these parts last..
Mine is still original, I THINK
The one in the '88 Honda failed at 150K miles, 10 plus years, and was very expensive...
Good that we have PFS,GS, and eEuro.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yeah that is a cheap part and often cracks because it allows the exhaust system to stay put when the engine moves, its like a goose neck lamp, its flexable, to a point. $20-$45 in Canada.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
earthworm said:
What is the year of the car and its miles ??:cheesy:

It is nice to know how long these parts last..
Mine is still original, I THINK
The one in the '88 Honda failed at 150K miles, 10 plus years, and was very expensive...
Good that we have PFS,GS, and eEuro.
It's a 98 on a S Reg and has done 96,000 miles.

I am quite relived its not the cat, does anyone have the part number from GSF or Euro Car parts?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Wow dude your flex pipe need serious changing man..dont go to the dealer they will kill you to put it in man..

What car are u looking for the flex pipe for?..yeah model so on? sorry i just skimmed through the post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SaabBlackMan said:
Wow dude your flex pipe need serious changing man..dont go to the dealer they will kill you to put it in man..

What car are u looking for the flex pipe for?..yeah model so on? sorry i just skimmed through the post.
It's a Saab 93s 2.0i

I will stay away from teh dealer that's for sure. :lol:

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
60 odd quid fro PFS and it a genuine part, pattern parts will only last half the time you know what they say "buy cheep, buy twice"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
boxman said:
60 odd quid fro PFS and it a genuine part, pattern parts will only last half the time you know what they say "buy cheep, buy twice"
Can you tell me the part number from PSF and what they list it as?

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts