SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9000 cse 2.3t last week spit what looked like a fiberglass wig out of the tailpipe. i pulled on it and it kept coming. this has happened 2 times. the third time, i lost my boost going down the highway so i floored it. POW! a huge cloud of that fiberglass stuff came out and the car resumed operating as normal except for 1 thing. now when i step on it, i hear the turbo spool and also a loud chhhhhhhhhhhh. it never sounded like that before. did that block in the exhaust hurt my turbo?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
9000freak said:
My 9000 cse 2.3t last week spit what looked like a fiberglass wig out of the tailpipe. i pulled on it and it kept coming. this has happened 2 times. the third time, i lost my boost going down the highway so i floored it. POW! a huge cloud of that fiberglass stuff came out and the car resumed operating as normal except for 1 thing. now when i step on it, i hear the turbo spool and also a loud chhhhhhhhhhhh. it never sounded like that before. did that block in the exhaust hurt my turbo?

uhhh.. are the guts of your catalytic converter falling apart?... . only thing i can think of...... take pics .. you don't have a glass-pack muffler on it do you? the extra back pressure coming from that blockage COULD have done some serious damage to not only your turbo, but your engine too, better check that out quick.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just replaced the intermediate flex pipe and there wasnt a spec of that stuff in it so im thinkin its something further towards the tailpipe. i think all of it blew out there doesnt seem to be a blockage anymore

·
Registered
162 Posts
Soounds like your muffler internals have fallen apart and your now hearing the turbo whine and dump valve (chchch) more clearly from the exhaust. If there's no smoke and the cars operating OK I wouldn't worry too much. just check the exhaust out and prepare for having to buy another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts