SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering deleting the middle resonator on my Aero. I would like to fabricate a piece of pipe with a flange on it so I can bolt it to the downpipe's existing flange and then weld the other end. I have a friend with welding stuff. I just need to know what sizes to get. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And that 2 3/8" is outer diameter, correct?

I'm hoping to do this as destructively as possible in case I want to sell the middle muffler or put it back on, but if it's too expensive I may just say screw it and hack stuff up.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
And that 2 3/8" is outer diameter, correct?

I'm hoping to do this as destructively as possible in case I want to sell the middle muffler or put it back on, but if it's too expensive I may just say screw it and hack stuff up.
i doubt youll want to put it back on, but i also thought the diam. of the pipe was 2.25 not 2.36, at least for aeros

the tone is absolutely beautiful without the resonator, not to mention youll save about 10 lbs for when you drag race!!! lol that mid resonator is a beast though its really heavy.

·
Registered
359 Posts
is the tone that much nicer w.o the res on ? i would think it would make it louder ? anyone have a sound clip of a 95 w.o the res on it if it sounds that nice i may look into the mod myself that and ive been looking into a 3inch down pipe as well lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
with a 3" dp your car will automatically sound deep and throaty, like a maaaans car!!! :)
i was sure that pipe was 2.25" aswell!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
is the tone that much nicer w.o the res on ? i would think it would make it louder ? anyone have a sound clip of a 95 w.o the res on it if it sounds that nice i may look into the mod myself that and ive been looking into a 3inch down pipe as well lol
it is very slightly louder, but you can barely tell a difference (if at all) when you're driving. if you're standing outside the car its just a nice, deep rumble at idle though. People have told me it sounds amazing when you're just pulling away from them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
hmm it may be worth doing then sorry for the horrid grammar last night guys i was tired as hell. anyway i may have to look into this mod myself then sorry for the thread jack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts