SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put my new exhaust system in today, since the old one had become completely useless, between the rust and the broken welds. Everything went in perfectly until I tried to attach the catalytic converter to the downpipe coming from the engine... here's the problem: I ordered a new sealing ring but it looks like it's too big... it barely fits into the flanges on the header and the cat, and is definitely bigger than the old ring. I decided to use the old ring, thinking eeuroparts.com must have just sent me the wrong part. Once I tightened everything up, though, the metal plate on the header looked like it was bending under the pressure of the bolts, and it looked like there was a gap at the top of the ring, and the 2 pipes didn't quite meet right. Turned on the engine and exhaust is escaping around the top of the ring- so now I'm thinking maybe I need to put in the other ring...? I had to stop for the night but I need to get this fixed as this is my ride to school in the morning :eek: . Any advice/ideas?

Something else I noticed too.. when I have the car up on jackstands and I start the engine, even though I have the stick in neutral the wheels spin when I let the clutch out... last night both of them spun, and this morning only the driver's side wheel spun, and it was moving pretty fast. What does that mean?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts