SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the full 3" JT system with downpipe on my T16S which is fantastic, sounds great, goes like the clappers etc etc but there are two problems with it.

1) It's bearing slightly on the heatshield under the 'transmission tunnel' which then rattles at certain rev ranges. Can this be removed safely? I don't have a cat, by the way.

2) When I first start the car up there is a plume of exhaust smoke from the turbo-downpipe flange until it has warmed up sufficiently - should there be a gasket of some description here?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had the same problem with clearance on the tunnel heatshield with my JT system.

In the end I brought a new mounting that bolts to the gearbox, split it in two horizontally, and welded in an extra piece of steel to drop the cradle part that goes under the down-pipe by 1/2" (12mm). This worked beautifully and has been on the car for about a year now with no problems.

There is no gasket where the pipe bolts to the turbo but you do have to be carefull to centralise the pipe in the collar that holds it on. There is quite a bit of clearance and the pipe can end up off-centre in the collar.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts