SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning all you saab fans...

quick question... ive order my jt exhaust ( turbo to tip) and just wondering will i need order a set of hangers or rubbers for the exhaust?

elkparts are supplying the system....
regardless where can i get 9k exhaust hangers from if i need to .

thanks alot..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Eeuroparts has the hangers, they are under 5 dollars a piece and well worth the cost. I tried aftermarket generic rubber hangers from Discount Auto and while they were close, the exhaust just never hung correctly. With the Saab hangers, a perfect fit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
abusot said:
Eeuroparts has the hangers, they are under 5 dollars a piece and well worth the cost. I tried aftermarket generic rubber hangers from Discount Auto and while they were close, the exhaust just never hung correctly. With the Saab hangers, a perfect fit.
your're rite, sometimes you cant just beat OEM parts. how many hangers did you have to order for a full system?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Well, with JT it is not as simple as with stock exaust. You can use stock hangers on the rear muffler and on the middle muffler. However, on the DP the distance between the mounts on the body and mounts on the exaust is too great. Therefore, like well described on www.saab9000.com, you can put two rubber hangers together, or how i did it, I just got a generic dounout and some gauge 10 wire and made my own custom hanger. I acutally used donoughts all throughout exaust.

klim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts