SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the exhaust on my car today. Sounds amazing. I removed the cat and the muffler and where the cat was i put a thrush glasspack and put a pipe in where the muffler was. I also straightened out alot of the ridiculous bends in the exhaust and still able to keep the stock tail pipe coming out the left side of the car. Pure sleeper is what she's gunna be. I mig welded it all together. Works great.

I thought it was going to sound like a rice rocket for a second when i was putting it together but it is the complete opposite. It has a low toned i guess i should say a 'burble'. All through the rpm range it keeps such a nice tone. No knock at all, and judging by the "seat of the pants gauge" it is a very very large improvement. Turbo spools faster and pushes more pressure. I will have pictures up very shortly.

This week im cutting the down pipe flange for the turbo out on the calypso water jet i have in my shop and surface grinding it. Then next weekend im cutting a hole in the inner fender wall and fabricating a side vent for the cold air intake. And i have on order a nice front mount intercooler and pipes i found off of ebay. Im going to hold off on the installation of the intercooler and down pipe till i get spark plugs, injectors, 3 bar fpr, change transmission gear oil to red line, strengthen diff cover, and replace my engine oil with pure synthetic. Sound like a plan??? Lemme know if i have covered the bases. Im going to purchase the injectors and spark plugs from napa this week what are suggestions on injectors? Spark plugs are goign to be NGK's. Im going to get the FPR from the junk yard off a 93 900s i spotted today. Well lets hear what you all have to say. :)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
nice! i have a thrush glasspack as well, it's just in place of the old muffler though, i still have my cat in (well, the shell of it anyway :cheesy: ) and i agree, it sounds really good!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutly im doing the pictures and video tonight. I also made a side vent for a cold air intake set up im doing ill post pictures of that as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts