SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '99 9-3 with a stage 2 ecu setup on it. It still has stock exhaust but I was thinking about either chopping one of the mufflers or adding an exhaust cutout between the resonator and the rear muffler. Any ideas on which would be better? Another thing, if anyone has done something like this, does it mess up the performance with the tune? Friend's got an E46 that we sliced off all the mufflers and the tune was all messed up. Thanks for any help y'all can give me

·
Registered
501 Posts
I tried to fit a standard QTP electric cutout to my 9-3 convertible and couldn't get it to fit anywhere without smacking the body or hanging too low. Just a consideration.

Bums me out, too. I don't like having a loud car all the time, but there are those times when I'd love to be able to flick a switch and open it up.

Sent from my LG-LS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to fit a standard QTP electric cutout to my 9-3 convertible and couldn't get it to fit anywhere without smacking the body or hanging too low. Just a consideration.

Bums me out, too. I don't like having a loud car all the time, but there are those times when I'd love to be able to flick a switch and open it up.

Sent from my LG-LS990 using Tapatalk
Yeah I have been trying to find a good spot to sneak in a cutout. I don't know if this would work on your convertible but I have a 4 door and there might be a good spot near the rear driver side door to sneak in a side exhaust from the cutout. I'm still just brain storming but I'll keep this updated if I end up going that route.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yeah I have been trying to find a good spot to sneak in a cutout. I don't know if this would work on your convertible but I have a 4 door and there might be a good spot near the rear driver side door to sneak in a side exhaust from the cutout. I'm still just brain storming but I'll keep this updated if I end up going that route.
I think the CV has a much tighter exhaust tunnel, because the parts car I bought a few days ago is a lot bigger. I ended up giving up and selling the cutout. Maybe one day I'll get one of those fancy Varex mufflers.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Factory exhaust with a rear muffler delete definitely isnt that loud. Im running a 3" catless downpipe with a rear muffler delete and its only barely too loud. I mean my neighbors dont like when I cold start the car, but I do try to avoid that at inconsiderate times of day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts