SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for the 2.8T only:

I'm looking for an exhaust for my 2.8T and I can't decide between Maptun, BSR, or "Ferrita" through Maptun's site.

Basically I've been looking online and these are what I've found:

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/...d=628&osCsid=b6286555016cb6cbe82e6288fe43bcc4

http://www.maptun.com/shopProduct.php?pid=3941&hl=26&cg=780&car=93ss

http://www.maptun.com/shopProduct.php?pid=2711&hl=26&cg=754&car=93ss

Any1 have any other options that might be better or something that sets these apart from eachother? I want whatever has (obviously) the best performance and I definately want a better rumble from my car, it sounds way to electric stock with just the BSR Optiflow intake.

Any input/info would help me.

Thank you

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
691 Posts
downpipe and cat coming from MPperformance

Piping 3'' mendrel + 2x dynomax super turbo mufflers coming from the shop where they made my job (advance efi,, its near montreal..)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know that much about exhaust but what would be the pros/cons to doing what your suggesting or buying a whole BSR exhaust? What's the difference basically?

·
Registered
392 Posts
So glowing, what are your impressions of the MP downpipe? How did you handle the O2 sensor situation? The cat is at the far end of the pipe isn't it? I am torn between the MP and the GenSAAB versions.

For Jlazop, what do you mean by "whole BSR exhaust"? I have the BSR catback, 2.5" stainless and stock dp. It gives a nice but subtle sound increase.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Go with the Gen Saab DP.
Made much stronger and easier to install

My MP downpipe is starting to leak at the welds

·
Registered
691 Posts
you have to extend the wire... not complicated.. you cut one wire at the time to be sure not to mixed up the wire...

I took the MP because its 2h30 from where i live so i pick it up in Ottawa... was not expensive..

I have it for a bit more then a year and no problem at all with it

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
you have to extend the wire... not complicated.. you cut one wire at the time to be sure not to mixed up the wire...

I took the MP because its 2h30 from where i live so i pick it up in Ottawa... was not expensive..

I have it for a bit more then a year and no problem at all with it
That looks awesome! So no CEL since u extened your O2 wires?

·
Registered
691 Posts
That looks awesome! So no CEL since u extened your O2 wires?

I had a CEL at the beginning.. i was get the job done by a ''muffler tech'' but he ****ed up my O2 by mixing the wire so its break my O2.. Thx a lot to this stupid dude...

I got a new O2 and extend it myself and everything was fine ;)

So its CEL free:cheesy:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I had a CEL at the beginning.. i was get the job done by a ''muffler tech'' but he ****ed up my O2 by mixing the wire so its break my O2.. Thx a lot to this stupid dude...

I got a new O2 and extend it myself and everything was fine ;)

So its CEL free:cheesy:
Hahaha sweeta man..glad now its working fine!
Ill be getting a DP (the MP or GS one) very soon..cant wait to see the difference in driving and sound!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So glowing, what are your impressions of the MP downpipe? How did you handle the O2 sensor situation? The cat is at the far end of the pipe isn't it? I am torn between the MP and the GenSAAB versions.

For Jlazop, what do you mean by "whole BSR exhaust"? I have the BSR catback, 2.5" stainless and stock dp. It gives a nice but subtle sound increase.
I meant if I bought this:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/...d=628&osCsid=89e3a0421c084b90ec26551a5cca1336

Or did what glowing did... what's the difference?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
maybe a mistake on your link but its a cat back... cat back mean the exhaust after the cat.. so the DP is not include..
What's the difference if the downpipe is included or not, does DP do more/less than the cat back as far as performance goes? I don't know about these @ all

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah, Jlaz, the one you are looking at, and what I have, are from the end of the DP back to the exit. The DP is from the turbo down to a cat and then to the exhaust system. I am now looking at a dp for mine.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, Jlaz, the one you are looking at, and what I have, are from the end of the DP back to the exit. The DP is from the turbo down to a cat and then to the exhaust system. I am now looking at a dp for mine.
Lemme know what you go with man...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ya know, I inquired to BSR about their dp usage. They replied that it has to be used with st. 3 software. Now Nick if GS told me you could use his dp with st.1 but might get a cel. And MP Performance just says it can be used with or w/o mods. I personally can't see any reason it would throw a cel or other wise malfunction whether tuned or not. All we are talking here is a bigger exhaust pipe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts