SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

issues relating this recently bought car have already been featured on this forum. :)
One of the issues with the car, is a missing catalytic converter, which I need to pass the gases for the mandatory MOT inspection. One of the past owners has removed and probably sold it, so that's not a way to source it unfortunately. I'm left to sourceing a new cat for the car. Can I use the exhaust system/catalytic converter from a regular 2.3 litre or will it bottleneck the 3.0l V6? I'm really not looking forward to buying a whole new cat (quite expensive). At this point I'm also considering building a whole stainless exhaust system (including all the necessary accessories), but still I want to know my options.
(Although technically, sadly illegally possible, I could keep the current exhaust, but it smells quite badly and the welding is also of horrible quality.)

TLDR: No cat behind B308E. Need one. What are my options?

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Short answer, you need to find a V6 system. Longer answer, the four cylinder exhaust is much different from the V6 exhaust. Your only chance would be to weld in the catalytic converter only. But I don't know if the pipe diameters will even match.
V6 exhaust from engine:

4 cyl exhaust from engine:

Converter is 1 in V6 diagram, 1A in 4 cyl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts