SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice yesterday! Started the car and heard a bang from the exhaust.

The only time it’s happened before was when I started the car after a period of no driving for about a week.

Unburnt fuel? Or something more serious:confused:

(I’ve got a full tank of the Tesco’s 99 RON unleaded)

thanks
Zahid

·
Registered
640 Posts
I once had a really crazy shot when I started it up, but that was because of the faulty DI Casette I had, which was working on 3 cyl only.

Maybe it is because of the 3" exhaust which gets some fuel in it due to the free flow? Mine gives out fire usually when pushing the gas till the end at night ;)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I think the occasional bang is part of the appeal of your 3"d/p and Maptun3.

Unless it is all the time don't worry, be happy, and warn small children to stay back.

·
Registered
640 Posts
should put a warning for everyone :p when mine banged in an early morning on a street full of people they all jumped :p

I will try to make a move of the fire breathing saab one night :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
those flames look like a bunch of candles burning :p flame should be throwing out fast :p

I didn't know I have them... my friend bought a 9000 with dual exhaust so we were comparing the sound we have got and he was standing at the end of my car listening, when suddenly he jumped away after his pants were hit with fire :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Don't look up the exhaust while the flamer kits on and the engine running"

Doh!!!

semyhr, video sounds great:cool:

btw, how much does one of those flame kits cost? (just kidding:cheesy: )

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even better then:cool: Sounds like I'll need a steady supply of JT exhausts and manifolds however:roll:

Zahid
(Bang Bang:cheesy: )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts