SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm trying to remove the blue circle. I'm trying to remove the solonid, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting it off of the EPV...do i have the push the little clips on the sides together, or pry them open? The one on the top is especially stubborn...

·
Registered
956 Posts
i have replced this item many many times since im still struggling with an odd evap issue. anyways, i always take two fingers and pinch the sides and pull and it comes off. its on there pretty good but just squeeze the sides and pull and you should get it.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
This applies to the red connectors :With a lil pocket screwdriver pry the retainer OUT a little, she should then be free for pull out....Reassembly is just push on and press the retainer down.

Blue AMP connectors with the steel clip : Press it in and wiggle the connector out..

Visualize and imagine this - the factory line assembler has but five to ten seconds to connect each harness end ; he had best be athletic, sober and smart..The design engineer does his best to make the assembly as fast and efficient as humanly possible..

Dis-assembly will take more time.... sometimes a lot more time.

The above was full or errata, I just went outside and checked things..Why Saab uses two or more connector designs is beyond me... :cheesy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts