SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Euro 9-3 2005 convertible and would like to ship it to Florida. I would like to register it there (much cheaper than Belgium ! :D) Anyone experience what needs to change ? I does of course have a Km odometer and it has xenon lights. How do I proceed to get it registered under a FL plate ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think you'de be better off just buying one locally in florida, as the cost to bring it "up to spec" is alot more than starting fresh

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would call the FL DMV. If it is a gas engine sold here, it won't be THAT hard. You shouldn't even need a new speedo. The problems come when you are trying to register a car never sold here.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
As long as it follows the safety and emissions laws. But if it pass all those, youll be fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know hat for the same price I could buy a florida car but I would miss the 'reliable' history of the other one. Also selling a used car is not that easy (have a 2009 cooper S convertible for sale for more than 6 months now) anymore , saab lovers are not seen on every corner of the street !!

Therefore having the same car to Florida and then keep the mini as a 3rd car convertible would be fine !!

·
Registered
551 Posts
You will have no problem, you dont need a new speedometer. I ship cars to all countries to buyers and they never have problems.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Good luck with that. The odds of you getting a straight answer from a DMV is at least 10000 to 1. You need to search importers or call the guy in Florida above post.
Good luck.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Gotta go with Mike...Good Luck!! Shipping cars outta US...NO problem. Shipping non-FVMSS cars(that pesky sticker on the driver door) into US. BIG problem. Youre better off selling yours on german ebay, mobile.de, whatever and buying as close as you can here.

Its some wacky way our gummint protects our LAME auto industry and US from being totally overrun with better or cheaper or more fuel-efficient foreign cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts