SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunately live in a state where it is required to have a front license plate. The current plate is a euro plate and there are no holes drilled for an American plate. Does anyone know of a site where I could purchase a bracket that allows me to use the holes from the euro plate and put on the American plate? I really don't want to resort to drilling holes. Thanks

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
I had a Swedish plate put on my ANA Trollhattan. They put it slightly too high. They drilled two holes in the front bumper. After taking off their bracket, the U.S. sized bracket fit exactly. The license plate screws on to the bracket. I later put a license plate frame so that the edges of the license plate were covered.

G

·
The holes for the license plate bracket and euro vanity plates are the same size so it should be an easy swap. I took my bracket off, put on a euro vanity plate and could use the existing holes.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I just took mine off my 2008 9 5. I will check later to see if it has gone out in the trash, If I have it I'll send it to you. The hole placement is the same at you simply install with self tapping screws, or you can bolt it in behind the facia. My car went from Minn. two plates to Ga. one plate, so I took it off and tossed it. I'll look in out trash can later. (Maybe we can trade)
Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike,

That would be great if you can find it. I would have no need for the current euro plate so that would be fine by me. Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Why dont you use double sided tape to secure? Thats what most people do over here

·
Registered
10 Posts
would that same bracket work on a '96 saab 900? i'm assuming it would but i'd rather get confirmation before i buy it. i called a dealership and they want an incredible amount of money for one...

thanks in advance!

Welcome to Saab Central!

I think you're looking for one of these brackets. It attaches to the front bumper with 2 screws and the plate attaches to the bracket with 4 bolts.

http://www.saabusaparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_17&products_id=588

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I purchased this and it didn't fit the euro holes. It cost me over 40 bucks and didn't do me any good. I might have to resort to drilling holes which I didn't want to do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts