SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a Euro plate tonight and am having a tough time deciding whether to get one with the white background or one of the British type ones with the yellow background. I know it isn't really a mod or anything I would just like to hear what some other Saab owners think! Thanks! My 9-3 is steel grey.

·
Registered
437 Posts
this belongs in the workshop, not the performance/mods/tuning.
anyway i went with white, and german tags.
most importantly its your car so do what makes you happy
i got the abbreviation of my grandparents hometown in germany and the date of when i got my saab. i catch flack for having too many numbers/letters on my plate, but its what i wanted.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks I am still totally stuck on the two colors.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
yellow.

then match it up with some yellow lamin-x on the fogs and your set.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think so? Would it look dumb without the lamin-x or would it just compliment it nicely?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
it would look nice with or without them, but they would definitely compliment eachother nicely.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Aren't the plates usually white in the front and yellow in the rear? Thats what I was gonna do. Anyways I went with something different than everyone because normal euro plates everyone has.

Yellow fogs as well.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

My black 530 xi with a yellow plate, and my 9000 with a white plate

and my 9-3 with a white plate as well

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
i went with a white swedish plate on my steel grey aero...
a swedish one is the way to go...german if u own an audi or vdub :cool:

Go with a white one..i think itll look better and easier to match ...for example with a new set of rims.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Or use your expired US Forces Europe plate that wasn't required to be turned in when you came home to the states- and that gave you a legit license plate until it expired (sort of...).

I digress...

FTR, this sweet plate does not ad any ponies to my car, and generates a lot of stupid questions. People cannot figure out why I have a Euro Plate that says "USA" in the blue EU mandated country field on the left end of the plate.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just ordered the yellow plate and am about to order the yellow lamin-x for the fogs and am trying to decide whether I should get the tint lamin-x for the headlights. Has anyone put the tint lamin-x on a steel grey 9-3? Or if not could you tell me what you think because i have a hard time visualizing it. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how do you think something darker would look? i think my car is a bit darker than yours.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
i had yellow lamin-x on my heads and fogs for a while, it gave it a real cool rally look. but my cars nocturne blue, so its alot different than your steel grey. I think it looked cool and im thinking about doing it again.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
do you have any pictures? thanks

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
im looking through my computer for some. I have pictures of the car with the yellow fogs. i havent found any with the headlight film.

btw.
www.lamin-x.com and www.headlightarmor.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts