SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An update on my mods, I ordered a Saab Euro Badge/emblem (part is made out of metal, not plastic). Check the pictures, looks great. I washed my car, positioned my car with the sun on it to heat up the decklid, wiped the surface clean with some rubbing alcohol, then installed the badge. I got the part in 3 days from eeuroparts.com (see link).
See next thread for question on air intake. To see all of my mods, do a forum search for Striker's Mods and Maintenance.

http://www.eeuroparts.com/productdetail.aspx?searchResults=1&code=7343

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Question on air intake-

Heres my question, what is the electrical component on the air intake tube, and what is the rubber hose towards the back of the tube (see pictures). I am interested in getting a Simota Aero Form II Open Air Intake System from partsforsaab.com, but not sure about the electrical component. It looks like the rubber hose in connected to the new Simota Intake tube, but what about the electrical connection (is it your Oxy-sensor and is it on the Simota Intake?)

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Current Maintenance-Warranty Issues

Im taking my car into Saab of Troy (Detroit Michigan) for some warranty issues, I will let you guys know if they replace the following issues:

1. Windshield wiper sprayers- black trim fading to grey, asking them to replace.

2. Arm on driver side windshield wiper fading to grey, asking to replace.

3. Black body trim around muffler, along bottom of rear bumper, black fading to grey, asking to replace.

4. When you are standing outside of your Saab's door with the window down, the black plastic INNER window trim is fading to grey, asking to replace.

5. When you look between the middle console and front passenger seat, a clip has come loose holding the leather to the metal seat brackets. Asking to fix.

6. Fog lamps- inside of lamp lens has become dirty/foggy. Asking to replace both fog lights.

7. Bottom of door trim, black plastic fading to grey, asking to replace all 4 doors.

8. When you turn on climate fan, a loud chirping noise is heard for 5 seconds. Asking to fix.

9. At my 30,000 mile maintenance, I had to pay for a new serpentine belt because it was squeeling (especially in hot days). Saab said the belt was cracking in areas. IT IS STILL SQUEELING and an odd vibration in my steering wheel when AC is on and car in drive.

Let you guys know, going in October 3rd, will let you know what is fixed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to new Thread

Posted new thread, search "Maintanence/Warranty Issues Just Fixed 2005 Aero" to see what issues got fixed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts