SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, while im in the mood for fixing my car, as im dealing with the good old abs ecu issue (part on order and should be here tomorrow) I thought I would attack a couple of the smaller issues my 1999 95 Hot has.

One small niggle is the interior lights at the back of the car, the internal roof light doesnt work by the tailgate nor do the small white and red lights in the inside of the tailgate itself.
Now it might just be bulbs but before I go out and start pulling the car to bits I was wondering what or where the boot llight switch is located? Is it a merc switch or a tac switch?

Having these lights working would be very handy for my while im unloading my fishing gear in the dark hours of the morning.

Cant seem to find any info on the net about this, im confident its not a wiring issue as the rear wiper and external lights are all working as they should be as is the boot lock.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Hi
The boot light switch is integral to the boot latch assembly. If you take off the rear cover you will see the 2 wire loom connector for it. Failure of the switch is quite common

1 - 2 of 2 Posts