SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I'm not too lazy to read the manual, (recovering from surgery and can't get to it ), but what is the ESP button for and how is it used? Thanks..........Zebulon ;oops:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Pressing it deactivates the ESP (Electronic Stability Program).....not really advised, unless you are playing 'silly buggers' on your private test track....;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Zebulon said:
No, I'm not too lazy to read the manual, (recovering from surgery and can't get to it ), but what is the ESP button for and how is it used? Thanks..........Zebulon ;oops:
Hope you have a speedy recover in time for the holidays.

Regards,
cse_20

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
No ESP stands for Extra Sensory Perception, your car can read your mind and decide whether its gonna run sweetly or not depending on your mood. ;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kermit said:
No ESP stands for Extra Sensory Perception, your car can read your mind and decide whether its gonna run sweetly or not depending on your mood. ;)
It's an Aero....it always runs sweetly :cheesy: Thanks for the cse_20, I sincerely appraciate you guys...Thanks...Zebulon

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think the only thing the manual adds is that it's always on under braking, not that I've played with it that much and I don't intend to. Though I've learned it's hit or miss as far as being helpful in some winter driving conditions. That's probably down to my driving ability though eh?

·
Registered
445 Posts
ESP is amazing, i avoided hitting a fox in the wet at about 60mph, it was the ESP that saved me from losing the car into a skid, nothing to do with my driving skills - i felt it brake the rear wheels as i swerved.;oops:

Get better quickly Zebulon!:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I hate the ESP. I turn it off nearly every time I get in the car. If you are a good driver I dont see how it is needed. I can control tire spin with my foot on the throttle....not some computer program. And I drive in snow and ice almost half the year. It messes with my driving ability......you pull out in an intersection and next thing you know you have no power. Not cool.:x I use it on the highway, otherwise its off. Im gonna see if they can reverse the ESP buttons function with a tech2, so I can turn it on instead of off.

·
Registered
480 Posts
mt.aero said:
I hate the ESP. I turn it off nearly every time I get in the car. If you are a good driver I dont see how it is needed. I can control tire spin with my foot on the throttle....not some computer program. And I drive in snow and ice almost half the year. It messes with my driving ability......you pull out in an intersection and next thing you know you have no power. Not cool.:x I use it on the highway, otherwise its off. Im gonna see if they can reverse the ESP buttons function with a tech2, so I can turn it on instead of off.
It sounds more like the traction control is interfering with you more than esp. Shame they are not independant.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
greenmatt said:
It sounds more like the traction control is interfering with you more than esp. Shame they are not independant.
Yah...that is what I hate about it. I wish you could leave the braking function intact and turn off the traction control.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
mt.aero said:
Im gonna see if they can reverse the ESP buttons function with a tech2, so I can turn it on instead of off.
Can't do it via Tech2.......I asked that question when I first bought the car.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys...thanks for your answers, the only thing I don't understand is "why" I would disengage it...! What advantage is there in turning it off, and why give us a button to begin with? I have a button, don't tell me I CAN"T PUSH IT!!!!!:evil: ....Zebay

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Zebulon said:
Guys...thanks for your answers, the only thing I don't understand is "why" I would disengage it...! What advantage is there in turning it off, and why give us a button to begin with? I have a button, don't tell me I CAN"T PUSH IT!!!!!:evil: ....Zebay
Hahah! Well it gives a better driving experience in my opinion when its off. (at least the traction control bit of it) It doesnt limit the torque when you hammer on it which makes the car that much more fun to drive. I dont need a computer to tell me how much torque to lay down.....my brain and my foot do that! :cheesy:

IMO hayabusa: if someone cant handle the torque and smokes the tires.....then get a linear. :cheesy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts