SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 9-5 Aero seems to be running fine but on the dash it shows traction control off and a picture of an engine. The error codes are P-1251 & P-1260. After I erase the codes they re-appear after several KM of driving. Also I have noticed that just before engaging the starter a clicking sounds comes from the thro ttle body. After reading previous post I understand that the codes warn of a going throttle body motor. Can this be repaired by simple cleaning and adjusting or do I need to buy a new unit? Also what would be the part number?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
man o man

I currently have this same problem with my 01 SAAB 95, and have come to the final conclusion that its the return spring on the throttle body. Run and drives fine until the tcs off appears and then it runs low on idle around 700-800 rpm. The best way I have learn to deal the problem is not to accurate heavily on the throttle, that prevents the TCSOFF from kicking on and what remains is the engine light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simple fix!

Found answer on U-Tube ( do a search "Saab throttle ) --- (1) First reset the limp mode ---large round plastic gear next to the throttle spring - by simply pushing on spring and rotating the gear counter clockwise until you hear a click. (2) Reset the dash error codes. What I also did was clean the elect. contacts and sprayed some carb cleaner in the throttle unit. So far approx 200 km later all is still well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Nice

Well I have found my new project for this weekend. . . . Hopefully that works out keep me posted. . . My solution besides spend some money was dealing with the problem so I guess that has changed and I now have another option thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have found my new project for this weekend. . . . Hopefully that works out keep me posted. . . My solution besides spend some money was dealing with the problem so I guess that has changed and I now have another option thanks.
Now about 300 km later car still has no problems -- The trick was to get the car out of limp mode - clearing the error codes and turning the dash warning lights off wasn't enough -- don't know why it went to limp mode in the first place but as long as it works now who cares. Hope it also works for you.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top