SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Have an intermittent problem, engine hesitates badly, tacho acts very erratically, engine light comes on then all is well, after a while the engine light goes out. Next day the same may or may not happen and occasionally when it does the gearbox light may join in as well.

Had the codes read and its coming back as camshaft sensor (Po340 I think it was) however it aint fitted with one............

Puzzled......

Baldy

·
Registered
230 Posts
I believe it is a failing DI cassette. It could also be a spark plug issue if they have not been changed in a while

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, I'll drop some fresh plugs in.

Why does it thow up that code if its not fitted with a sensor?

And are the DI packs all interchangable?

Cheers

Baldy

·
Registered
230 Posts
The camshaft position sensor code is basicaly a "virtual" sensor built into the DI cassette. Make sure that when you replace the plugs to use the appropriate NKG Aero plugs only. I have read that using other brand plugs can also throw this code.

The DI's are the same for all the 2.3t 9-5 models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
error code again

Thanks for all the help and advice received.

I checked the plugs and found they they were the wrong type for the Aero have fitted new ones and it has run fine for 300 miles.
However in the meantime I've bought a 'new' digi pack and left it in the boot.
Yesterday after sitting in traffic the same symptoms occured erratic rev counter, misfire and the gearbox going into limp mode. Engine & box lights both on so fitted new digi pack but to no avail. Code throws up as a P0075 which the index gives intake valve bank 1 circuit fault??

Cleared lights but engine light back on almost straight away, could anyone shed light on what this fault code actually means?

Thanks in advance

Baldy (getting worse by the minute)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts