SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a photo of Mr. Erikson's metal shift linkage somewhere around here.
I was wondering a few things.
Is it readily available, is it affordable and is it worth it on a street car, from a smoothness of shift point?

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Which part of the linkage do you want to know about, the gear stick or the selector rod/steel fingers/selector fork?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a small linkage that you weld on in place of the rubber linkage.
I'd think it would feel less smooth, but WAY more positive.
I have a real short shifter ala Gary Moores style, but it came from Ssave. Sorry Gary, I didn't know at the time!!;oops: And I love the way it works.
Very dtrong and you don't have to put your hand in the ashtray to get into 3rd gear!:lol:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
scubasaab said:
I saw a small linkage that you weld on in place of the rubber linkage.
I'd think it would feel less smooth, but WAY more positive.
I have a real short shifter ala Gary Moores style, but it came from Ssave. Sorry Gary, I didn't know at the time!!;oops: And I love the way it works.
Very dtrong and you don't have to put your hand in the ashtray to get into 3rd gear!:lol:
You mean this type....................??

This is the short throw shifter that is the same height as the standard stick.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it Sonett!
That's the shifter I have:cool:
Do you like the linkage?
I'd think shifting would feel very positive.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I do have the universal joint, plus other shifter parts that actually fit inside the box.
The joint is much better than the rubber block type, the early 99's had this type of joint fitted.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a way I may legally obtain said patts??:cool: *pensive* *lower lip trembles*

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
scubasaab said:
Is there a way I may legally obtain said patts??:cool: *pensive* *lower lip trembles*
You can get the universal joint from motorsport shops or engineering shops.
The other parts you can get from Jorgen Eriksson in Sweden, but you will need to remove the box to have them installed.
I don't think the other parts would be of any benefit in a road car, the box i am building will be for motorsport use, special 5-speed crown wheel and pinion, no syncro's, special linkage, LSD.
Send a PM to me for contact details, if you are still interested.
When i spoke to him a few days ago he had some parts left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts