SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get contact details for Erik carlsson through a contact in Saab Sweden, and (like a teenager) I sent him a note to say hello, and tell him that I drove a 900 Carlsson.... Blah Blah Blah...

I was thrilled (like a teenager) to receive a very nice reply from the man himself....complete with "on the Roof"...and the signature as it appears on my car!

What a nice man to take the trouble to write back... I was chuffed!

It's nice to be nice!

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Stories like that are always good to hear.

I recently sent an e-mail to a gent by the name of Joe Bowen - he handles the colour commentary for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
I received an e-mail back from him in less than 2 hours!:eek:

It blew me away that he did that ... and so quickly!:cheesy:

Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Wow, you should frame that up next to a picture of your Carlsson! Good work, glad to hear that Erik 'on the roof' is as nice a guy as I had hoped.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
SaabScott said:
Stories like that are always good to hear.

I recently sent an e-mail to a gent by the name of Joe Bowen - he handles the colour commentary for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
I received an e-mail back from him in less than 2 hours!:eek:

It blew me away that he did that ... and so quickly!:cheesy:

Anyone else?
Well what else is going to be up to these days!:cry:
Here's a little hockey fix for ya
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Hisey

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think it'd be fascinating if someone were to conudct an interview with Mr. Carlsson and ask him questions such as what he makes of Saab in its present state. I wonder what he drives today....Or would that be in that book, "Mr. Saab" ? The man is an icon for the brand and I would be interested to hear what he has to say about its current state...would he be hopefull and optimistic or depressed and defeated?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
NineThreer said:
I think it'd be fascinating if someone were to conudct an interview with Mr. Carlsson and ask him questions such as what he makes of Saab in its present state. I wonder what he drives today....Or would that be in that book, "Mr. Saab" ? The man is an icon for the brand and I would be interested to hear what he has to say about its current state...would he be hopefull and optimistic or depressed and defeated?
All due respect to Mr. Carlsson and proper optimism:roll: for SAAB implied, I imagine this opinion depends on the size of the Checks GM is sending. And since I havent seen him in a commercial or SAAB rally lately, I bet these are pretty small:confused:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've not ever had any contact with Eric Carlsson but he's always struck me as one of these people who is approachable and 'nice' , if that's a word that your still allowed to use these days.

I feel that a lot of folks known as 'celebrities' are very friendly, if approached in the right manner. Having failed to get tickets to see Billy Connolly in our local theatre, I wrote him a little comic note and sent it off, to be stunned when I got a reply telling me that free tickets are on their way to me :D Gobsmacked would sum it up perfectly

·
Registered
487 Posts
I managed to get contact details for Erik carlsson through a contact in Saab Sweden, and (like a teenager) I sent him a note to say hello, and tell him that I drove a 900 Carlsson.... Blah Blah Blah...
i am confused. :confused:

I cant decide whether that is really really cool or really really sad.

I think that I have to plump for the really really cool :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts