SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a recurring problem with my CEL coming on. It seemed to be dependent on the fuel load. I was initially told it had something to do with air pressure in the fuel system. My first thread about this: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105786

I looked around and found that I should just try tightening my fuel cap. That helped a little but the problem kept coming back. Yesterday I replaced my fuel cap but after a few starts the light has remained on. (I'm still hopeful this will do the trick...)

I just went to have my car smogged and it automatically failed because of the CEL. The codes I received were:

P0442 EVAP Control System Leak Detected (small leak) - I'm hoping that the new fuel cap will take care of this one. Does that sound right?

P1334 Manufacturer specific code. - I have not been able to find any info on what this could be. I've checked the codes on the pages listed here http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105201. They give no more information than what I have above.

Also, anybody know how to reset the CEL without a reader to see if the fuel cap is working?

Can anybody out there help me before I'm forced to go to my mechanic $!$!$!$!

Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I know with mine I can disconnect the battery for half an hour or so and it resets although I've got an 1995 model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!

I disconnected the battery and the light did reset. We'll see how that goes.

As far as the DI cassette. Would I get that code if the engien is still running fine. I haven't had any rough idling or stalls, etc. Seems like alot of the posts, including Saaboheme's, mentioned at least rough idling.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

The code reset and stayed off so far. The car passed the smog and my registration is finally done!

Hopefully, the light will stay off now!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Code P1334 is "combustion detection Cyl 3 & 4 Open circut/short to B+. That may be your DI cassette. The combustion detectors are intergrated within the di cassette itself. Quick continuity check...pin 6 on the ECU harness plug to pin 9 on the DI cassette. Move the harness around different locations along the run look for open circut. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts