SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I have 9-5 MY 2006, left steering wheel. The engine harness is awful conditionals. I bought a used harness in good conditional, I didn't think about the place of the steering wheel and didn't talk about it with the seller. Howbeit, the harness came and when I opened the packaging I understood that harness from a car with a right steering wheel. If I can adapt this harness to my car? And if yes, so what will i need to do?
TY.

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
I would be surprised if the harness will work. You may be able to use sections for your car.

Be careful, because even LHD cars had different wiring for different equipment (e.g. headlamps halogen vs HID), and differences depending on market. To get a for sure exact replacement, you would need one from a car just like yours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be surprised if the harness will work. You may be able to use sections for your car.

Be careful, because even LHD cars had different wiring for different equipment (e.g. headlamps halogen vs HID), and differences depending on market. To get a for sure exact replacement, you would need one from a car just like yours.
Thank you. I think about this. Byu other harness from LHD and "cannibal", for assembly one normal

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
I have an extra engine wiring harness from the engine I put in my 2001 when it spun a rod bearing. It's complete as far as I remember, it came with the used engine. this was from a US car so the harness was from a LHD car. I think the engine came from a 2002, it was labeled as compatible with 01 to 03 but I can't find the listing on eBay to see exactly what the car was.

If you're interested make me an offer that I can't refuse, I'm sure we can work something out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an extra engine wiring harness from the engine I put in my 2001 when it spun a rod bearing. It's complete as far as I remember, it came with the used engine. this was from a US car so the harness was from a LHD car. I think the engine came from a 2002, it was labeled as compatible with 01 to 03 but I can't find the listing on eBay to see exactly what the car was.

If you're interested make me an offer that I can't refuse, I'm sure we can work something out.
Thank you! But i have problem, i'm from Israel
Maybe I'm baying new harness, I understand it's a lot of money, but this right way, i think

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
yea, I saw that.

I could still ship it. (I do have it, I found it amongst all of the other stuff that I had in my collection and it did come from a 2002, there is a tag on it from the junkyard that sent it to me)

I just have no idea how much it would cost to ship to Israel, but if you want I can put it in a box and weight it/send dimensions and you can figure out what it would cost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, I saw that.

I could still ship it. (I do have it, I found it amongst all of the other stuff that I had in my collection and it did come from a 2002, there is a tag on it from the junkyard that sent it to me)

I just have no idea how much it would cost to ship to Israel, but if you want I can put it in a box and weight it/send dimensions and you can figure out what it would cost.
I think it's will be great. Check please price for shipping.

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
you need a few more posts before you can send a private message. I'll box it and figure out what it weighs and then if you can PM me I'll give you the details of the shipping origination and size of the box so you can figure out how to best get it to you.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Be sure to declare the value very low when sending. Customs can be a bummer sometimes. Shipping international isn't as bad as it sounds. The US has good relations with Israel so that shouldn't be an issue. The hard part is trying to figure out what the commodity code is for customs declaration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be sure to declare the value very low when sending. Customs can be a bummer sometimes. Shipping international isn't as bad as it sounds. The US has good relations with Israel so that shouldn't be an issue. The hard part is trying to figure out what the commodity code is for customs declaration.
Thank you. I know about this, I have a lot of troubles with Israelian customs Service :)

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
I finally found a box to fit the harness.

It weighs 6 lb 15 oz and the dimensions are 10x6x15 inches
(sorry for the non-metric numbers, that's all I had to work with)

It would mail from US ZIP code 15090, Pittsburgh PA.

If you want to find a way to ship it and then PDF/send me all of the forms I'll drop it at the relevant place and send it on its way. It's the complete harness from the ECU to the main connector with all of the relevant parts for the on-engine harness as well. from a LHD 2002 9-5

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Are you still interested in this?

It's taking up space on my shelf and if you don't want it I'm going to toss it.

(or if anyone else wants to make an ECU programming harness out of the eCU connector you too can have a wiring harness)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you still interested in this?

It's taking up space on my shelf and if you don't want it I'm going to toss it.

(or if anyone else wants to make an ECU programming harness out of the eCU connector you too can have a wiring harness)
I'm sorry.
Can take you a picture of the wiring?

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
I'm sorry.
Can take you a picture of the wiring?
I already put it in a box. And a photo will be pretty much useless given that you really can't tell much of anything about where the wires go.

Standard off-the-shelf US harness from a left hand drive car, pulled from a 2002 9-5 sedan.

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
you'll have to figure that out yourself. sorry, but I don't know much about the rules for international shipping and how best to get it done. And I've got too many other things going on and after all I'm giving it to you for nothing.

I wrote the dimensions and weight of the package in a previous post as we'll as the US ZIP code for the origin. If you send me PDF copies of the shipping paperwork, etc addressed to you I'll get it on its way. (I prefer USPS since that's reasonably convenient and it'll get our of here faster)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I's ok. You don't need some papers. Send the package to my address in Israel:

Derech Dganya 48/15
Netanya, Israel
zip 4237676
Ruzin Dmitriy

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Sorry to be a pain but please prepare the shipping label and paperwork and pre-pay for the shipping. The only thing I have time to do right now is to tape the paperwork to the box and drop it off.

you can do international shipping from USPS.com

send me a private message through the forum and I'll give you my personal email address and mailing address so you can send the paperwork.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t have a dog in this hunt. But I’ve gotta say that the cynic in me is about ready to snap. Your patience, UM, is approaching the monumental.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts