SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Not a lot of folks here familiar with the diesel versions since they weren't sold in the US, me as well. But there are people here who have pulled the gas V6 out of the cars and a lot of people who have pulled the B235's out.

The power plants in these cars were installed as a unit on the subframe from under the car. If you have a lift this is without a doubt the easiest way to do it. Unbolt everything except the subframe bolts put the car on the ground, unbolt the subframe bolts and then lift up the car. Most people don't have teh option to do this.

you can also do it by supporting teh engine/transmission with a support beam across the fenders, taking the subframe off and then using a cherry picker to lower the engine to the ground. (with teh car obviously jacked up high enough to get teh engine out when it's sitting on the ground.

Both the gas V6 and I4 engines can come out the top with a cherry picker, with the transmissions attached. That means pulling both of the drive shafts and disconnecting a whole bunch of wires, hoses and other stuff. I'm not sure if the diesel can go that way, although from what I've ready the I4 is the most difficult becuase it is longer than the V6 so you may win there. Steep pull, need a load leveler and the crank pulley has to come off. but it can be done.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
D308L gets out in same way as other engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts