SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine wrote off his 9-2X and i was wondering about the possibility of putting the engine in my Classic 900

·
Registered
883 Posts
It's possible to put any engine in any car with enough money and engineering - but in any sensible practical terms the flat 4 9-2x Subaru engine will not go in a C900.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Unless you want to use the entire 4wd transmission system from the 9-2X (which would be a pretty major job to transplant) there is no way that a flat 4 would fit to the current Saab transmission.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Petard said:
A friend of mine wrote off his 9-2X
That was quick :lol:

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
9-2X engine

AWD 900, that'd be nice, I say go for it. In theory if you moved the exhaust that would give you enough room to run the drive shaft down would'nt it????

You'd have to replace the whole back axle aswell would'nt you?

Have you had a look at replacing the would lot, suspension mounts, hubs, disk's/calipers etc??????

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think it would be easier to take a subaru legacy chassis and then stick the 900 body on it...

Either way it's a ton of work and money.

·
Registered
883 Posts
You would have to remove the whole front end of the car as the double wishbone suspension requires a longditudinal engine. Maybe you could do it with a NG900/9-3/9000. Why bother - F1 and saloon car racers go well enough with 2wd and for moderate expense the 2l Saab engine can give you power to rival anything from Subaru's flat 4.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
trackside said:
You would have to remove the whole front end of the car as the double wishbone suspension requires a longditudinal engine.
The Impreza engine also sits longitudinally. The exhaust tunnel would then require widening to allow the gearbox to fit.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Hey if you're dreaming, I say slap the engine in the back and do the 4wd conversion.

Then put wings on it and fly it to the moon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts